Author Archives: Jan-Willem Adrian

Moving Beyond Supply Chain Visibility to Continuous Decision Making

Take the next step beyond real-time visibility: the capability to act and react on-the-flyRead more

Posted in Supply Chain | Comments Off

Four Capabilities to Look for in Supply Chain Visibility

Supply chainIt’s no wonder that supply chain visibility is getting lots of attention recently. The benefits are many: gain a coherent view of your entire supply chain network, reduce business risks, improve responsiveness to supply and demand changes, and ultimately – optimize your supply chain performance and collaboration.Read more

Posted in Supply Chain | Comments Off

4 signs that your supply chain has outgrown Excel

Supply ChainExcel is great tool to drive your logistics decisions but it also has limitations that expand as your supply chain grows. It may be time to move on.Read more

Posted in Supply Chain | Comments Off

Will the New China-France Rail Line Increase Your Supply Chain Agility? It Depends

Wuhan-Lyon freight train To achieve a dynamic, agile supply chain you need the ability to efficiently respond to unplanned events and make rapid decisions. Read blog post.Read more

Posted in Supply Chain | Comments Off

The Secret Sauce for Improving S&OP Execution

pricing and supply chainEven the best sales and operations planning (S&OP) can only take you so far. Regardless of the investment and brains you put into planning – by the time your blueprints are released into the unpredictable air of the real world, a significant chunk of your plans (at least 20% by some claims), will have to be re-planned.Read more

Posted in Supply Chain | Comments Off

Marrying Dynamic Pricing and Real-time Supply Chain

pricing and supply chainOnce you’ve got pricing right, there’s the issue of delivery. Not being able to deliver on your promise leads to a high number of returns, disappointed customers and a negative impact on your brand.Read more

Posted in e-Commmerce, Supply Chain | Comments Off

3 ways to improve supply chain agility

Supply ChainAbout 80% of supply and demand can be planned perfectly in advance. But how do you handle the remaining 20% that can never be predicted? The answer is an agile supply chain. But what does that mean? Here are three ways to increase your supply chain agility.Read more

Posted in Supply Chain | Comments Off

How to make rapid and right decisions during a supply chain disaster

supply chain disasterThe recent explosions in Tianjin China have been devastating, killing at least 114 people and injuring hundreds.
Beyond the dreadful loss of life, the explosions also demonstrated how unplanned events can disrupt commercial supply chains.Read more

Posted in Supply Chain | Comments Off

Who wants a Real-Time Supply Chain?

Real-Time Supply ChainEveryone, it seems. Take Procter & Gamble. In a recent talk, Procter & Gamble’s SVP of Product Supply, mentioned they have created a “real-time instrumented supply chain,” which they believe could achieve an upside of 1-2% sales increase, 2-5% margin improvement, and 5-10% improvement in asset utilization.

Only several years ago companies updated their supply chain plans approximately once a month, whereas today forecasts and plans are adjusted twice a day for some product categories. Such frequent updates enable responding much faster to changing demand and allow implementing a more accurate resupply of products to stores.Read more

Posted in Big Data Analytics, Supply Chain | Comments Off