ActiveViam provides a precision analytics platform to help organisations make better decisions, faster – whether those decisions relate to detecting deviations, measuring risk, responding to unplanned events, or selecting the best course of action after simulating alternatives. We routinely deliver solutions that solve the most demanding problems for financial institutions in areas such as Front Office, Market/Credit Risk, and Liquidity Management, a.k.a. when big moving data meet with a requirement for complex calculations and flexible interactive analysis. We do this by combining our unique technology expertise (in-memory database, parallel computing, multi-dimensional interactive data exploration, data streaming and reactive dashboards) with specific domain knowledge to deliver beyond customer expectations. Founded in 2005 and privately-owned, we have offices in New York, London, Paris, Singapore.
About Your team
We help our customers achieve their desired outcomes and realize the highest added value possible – in their business context – with ActiveViam’s innovative suite of products and solutions. We do that by partnering with our customers while providing them with a mix of product education, standard technical or functional support, and custom implementation/support services. Onboarding new customers is obviously an important part of our responsibilities, but our work doesn’t stop here… We love to see our solutions go live AND be used more and more, as our customers understand the benefits of extending their use cases and achieving more with us. We are not only “product evangelists”, externally, when fostering product adoption by our customers. We are also a fundamental “voice of the customer”, internally, to our product and engineering teams.
Do you generally like to investigate and figure things out? Would you like to do it in a context that combines functionally-complex stories and technically-advanced software?… We are talking about being the first line of product support for ActiveViam’s customers who run critical financial risk and performance management in our award-winning in-memory database, which quickly recalculates complex aggregate analytics over fast-moving data.
You’ll work with our customers in resolving the technical issues that they raise via support tickets. As such, your primary focus is proper communication and time management, helping to ensure that relevant information is properly and promptly collected so that the best support is provided in time. You’ll then strive to resolve on your own (with help from product documentation, support FAQs, technical blog articles, etc.) all the issues that you can, and escalate to level-2 technical support otherwise. Over time, you’ll gain more technical expertise to solve more items on your own. Besides a typical service desk context (which includes suggesting Product Documentation improvements, or writing Support FAQs), we expect you to also contribute to customer education (a more proactive approach to helping customers) via the design and/or delivery of training courses.
From a technical standpoint, you are interested in learning (if not already capable of) how to troubleshoot React applications, including some debugging via web browser in dev mode. You’ll craft test cases in Typescript and that means – beyond the coding capabilities – the willingness and ability to understand a business context, identify the relevant parameters (environment, application, data) and define expected outputs, in collaboration with our customers.
- Some “customer facing” experience (Summer jobs with a people/service focus count!).
- A passion / motivation for enabling and teaching others to achieve more.
- Very good communication skills (mostly clear, concise written, but good verbal too).
- Even-tempered under pressure + lots of empathy (understand customer points of view).
- Well organized and not afraid of context switching (support many customers at once).
- Basic knowledge of Typescript and React applications.
- Experience with devops frameworks/tools.
- Experience with some BI tools (e.g. Tableau, QlikView, PowerBI).
- Experience with Python scripting for basic data curation.
- Experience with some data storage/query engines.
- Experience with some in-memory computing frameworks.
- Experience delivering small product demos and/or delivering technical training.
- Experience with financial risk or performance management (even if just on Robinhood!).
What we offer
- Bright, genuinely sociable and friendly working environment in London’s West End
- Regular social events, lunches, annual winter seminar (skiing) in French Alps
- Private health insurance, group pension scheme, life insurance, season ticket loan, cycle to work scheme
- Competitive salary + discretionary annual bonus
- Career development opportunities (horizontally and laterally)